I am a big fan of
rose-coloured glasses. I prefer to call it an optimistic POV.
I am also a big fan of positive memories from which I believe we find inspiration when times are low.
My grandsons are growing up, as I may have mentioned one or two or a million times.
I had gotten to thinking about mortality lately. Mine, specifically, and I asked myself what words of wisdom I would leave for them, and pretty much came to the conclusion I had no wisdom to impart. At least, none I could think of in the moment.
Then I came up with an idea.
So I had a few photos mounted on a light board they could hang on a wall. Wrote the blurb below and mailed off the package to them today.
With the note below
I hope you will hang this on your wall,
And when you are feeling down,
And life is hard, as it often is
Look at the pictures for a moment or two
Look at the pure joy,
Close your eyes,
And remember how it felt
And for a moment
Let that pure joy
Lift you up and make you strong,
I will love you always and unconditionally
LOVE, YOUR GRANDMA AND GREATEST FAN
Boys to men and precious are those memories!
Reading Chris’ post entitled In my park 11 years ago I started thinking back to a similar day with three of my grandsons. July 2022 and a really …
A Day with the boys
My Current 10 Favs Include more than one person.
1) I love Kilts and Best Brothers – and yes the kilt was worn au naturel as demanded by tradition.
Groom Kilt Brother in Tux
2) I love the women who make my sons happy! Heidi who has been married to
Tom for 9 years and says she could not have had a more perfect husband, and
Mary Beth or MB who has just married my son in the Kilt.
3) I love that both men are good men, well regarded, who love laughter and
general silliness and are devoted to their wives.
4) I loved this wedding that was so laid back that when the minister asked what
symbols they brought to signify their love, the bride answered our rings..but
they are in the other room. Yes everyone chuckled and waited while the maid
of honor set off to retrieve them.
5) I love my exhusband who gave a wonderful speech about his son and even
the exe’s wife who to my knowledge had no disparaging remarks to make about
me…at least that I heard.
6) I love my son, the groom, Ryan, who believes in his roots and family and
who wore a kilt to honor my mothers family the Jenkins.
7) I love my son Thomas for his devotion to his family, his crazy humor, and
his wild appreciation of life.
8) I love MB’s family who have taken Ryan as one of their own.
9) I love my sister Jane who provides more support than she can ever know.
And yes the bra..when she saw my perfect dress she said a strapless bra would
be perfect. I do not have one I said. Yes! you do she said as she whipped
her dress off and promptly gave me hers. Right there. Right then!
10) I love my grandsons..Tom and Heidi’s sons who think I am the coolest
grandma in the world..because I tell them so
And really there has to be one more..sorry Mama Kat I know I am breaking the rules.
11) I love every reader, every one of you who comments on my blog. You are the best!