Judith Baxter at growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com tagged me for Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments. Now the Commandments part is interesting as it is 10 questions to be answered by the tagee (or is it taggee?) This is probably the most fun award I have seen yet. Then I tag five other bloggers on behalf of Mrs. Sparkly.
I did a search on google for said Mrs. and came upon at least fifty posts from wordpress.com all with a similar title and more than one had the picture to the left. So I borrowed it hoping that this indeed is Mrs. S.
Now for the Q&A!
2. What keeps you up at night? Thoughts Memories Aspirations Fears Creativity. Sometimes I think it would be wonderful to be able to be awake 24/7 or one of those genius types who sleeps only 3 0r 4 hours but my I do enjoy a good night’s sleep.
3. Whom would you like to be? Sometimes I feel like I am so many people I am not sure there is room for another which there would have to be if I had to include someone else I would like to be. I can’t imagine wanting to be someone else besides what would the motivation be? More – beauty, wealth, success? To be rid of my problems? I guess there is none other I would choose to be like. Now how unimaginative is that?
4. What are you wearing now? Blue jeans, purple sweater, black socks. Nuts when I first read Judith’s post and I saw this question I told myself to be sure to wear something interesting and or delightful. Alas I seldom listen to myself and there is little use in creative false description when the fun part of all this is honesty.
5. What scares you? Way too much scares me. I would have thought at this age I would have overcome fear, that I would be so comfortable in my skin and mind and so wonderously philosophical that nothing would scare me. The biggest thing is fear of failure, fear of not being the best I can be, fear of not grasping the moment. It is this fear which tries to prevent me from trying new things, from completing some things. The good news is that it is a fear that grows less and less each day and some days I actually have it on the run!
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? This is sort of two sides of the same coin. The best is reading all the wonderful blogs out there and so many leave me with a feeling of awe. The worst is realizing all the talent and fearing I may not measure up and at the same time inspiring me to reach those lofty heights of excellence.
7. What was the last website you looked at? Other than googling Mrs. Sparkly it would be the kitchensgarden.wordpress. com. I feel driven, and yes that is the only word possible to describe this need to read every word Celi has written. I started with her first post and am about half way through. I randomly read posts past and present of all my favs but this is different and I can’t quite explain it. Maybe I will be able to once I finish.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Well I am sure if you read all of the above you will know my answer to this one. Why I would be the bravest soul on earth! No Fear!
9. Slankets, yes or no? I’ll bet this is most searched word lately and the answer is a ‘No’
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you. Now that is pure pleasure. Judith Baxter is an incredible person living in New Zealand who lives truly by her words, ‘I choose how I will spend the rest of my life.’ I don’t think Judith would even recognize the word retirement. She is active, volunteering with Hospice, consulting, treasuring her family and learning every day. I have told her previously I see her as the very classy Jessica J.B. Fletcher although she gives no indication of solving multiple murders on a weekly basis.
Now I must tag five others and have chosen people whose answers most interest me.
Celi at thekitchensgarden.wordpress.com Winsomebella.wordpress.com Joss at crowingcrone.wordpress.com Barbfroman.wordpress.com Colleen at bikecolleenbrown.wordpress.com
Oh I just thought of 5 or 50 more!