Well here I go getting ready for this year’s event. I chose not to do it in 2011 – fear of success or fear of failure sort of thing you know. A few or perhaps many of my heroes I brag on each Friday in FITFS series are taking part, and since I praise not just for the sake of praise but also to somehow emulate the brave folk they are I am jumping in with both feet and all attached parts. The NANOWRIMO site is full of information so today I shall try to sort that out.
Once I signed in I tried to put my photo in the appropriate spot but for some reason it will not upload, so those others who are participating can use your own imaginations as to what I look like. I have chosen my badge for the event.
I am not sure how to connect to community yet but will get that done today.
How many of my VCH (Very Classy Heroes) are also joining in?
WHAT I HAVE TO REMEMBER
I just have to remember this is only thirty days so it does not have to even last as long as Kim Khardashian’s marriage.
I can join as many regions as I like – (must do today)
It may be difficult at first but will get better as the days go by and the word count increases.
Being a Marathon of sorts I can get some sponsers to contribute to - ”NaNoWriMo is run a tiny team of eight novel-loving souls at the Office of Letters and Light (OLL), a grassroots nonprofit, and is funded almost entirely by participant donations” – which seems like a good idea and good motivation.
There is lots of great information at this link so please do look it over and please my VCH do let me know if you have signed up. Your very presence alone will inspire me!
- NaNoWriMo (mrczarnowski.wordpress.com)
- Stumbling Towards NaNoWriMo (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012! (writersparty.com)
- NaNoWriMo Prep: Clear the Decks (12novels.com)
- How Not to Starve During NaNoWriMo (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- Pros and Cons of NaNoWriMo, v2! (ishanamaya.wordpress.com)
- Update on “me and the NaNoWriMo” (zaraawritingstory.wordpress.com)
- Should You Do NaNoWriMo? (siripaulson.wordpress.com)